DIGITAL, SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING & FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT
Employment Type: 1 – 3 years fixed term contract (renewable)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: Subject to experience
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Responsible for: N/A
Purpose of the Post:
The post holder will be responsible for updating and creating content on the charity’s website under the direction of the Chief Executive. They will also manage day to day interactions with supporters and contacts via social media channels including Facebook and Twitter, and for producing and uploading video for YouTube. They will also promote the activities of the charity and focus on fundraising through select activities.
Creation of digital content
1. Editing and publication of content on the website as directed by the Chief
2. To liaise with partner organisations, internal and external contacts to gather relevant information and data and generate content.
3. Writing and editing copy for all departments as required.
4. Writing up all project updates and promotion.
5. Obtaining and creating content from testimonials in writing, video and
6. To write website/blog content and assist with the production of the Islamic
7. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) of content.
8. Contributing to the development of new online resources and projects.
9. Send out emails on mailing list.
10. Research and provide options to Chief Executive on using google advertising to advance the goals of the charity.
11. Regularly update Islamic Network website with new campaigns, including homepage positioning and main fundraising section.
12. Identify 20 external mailing lists and tie up deal for Islamic Network to send monthly emails (or as regular as possible).
13. Contribute to the development and delivery of social media strategies under guidance of Chief Executive.
14. Managing Islamic Network’s social media channels, primarily Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+.
15. Manage the social media content calendar under guidance of Chief Executive, scheduling content in advance and sharing this with relevant
16. Daily management of social media communications with supporters and interested parties, building relationships with existing supporters and donors online.
17. Actively engage followers in dialogue to transform visitors into advocates for
18. Development of relationships with social media “influencers.”
19. Photo editing of images from our projects using specialist software.
20. Management of audio and video uploads and channels.
21. Responsible for growing Islamic Network’s online presence to agreed targets.
22. Develop and deliver social media campaigns to increase awareness of Islamic Network’s work to enrol further support, especially to generate funds.
23. Manage social media campaigns alongside day to day activities including online advocacy, promotion of projects & campaigns, news, and fundraising.
24. Creative – to provide steers on design/video work tailored for our online
25. Digital – to ensure day to day and campaigns based activity is integrated across all channels and to create new social functionality on other channels.
26. Marketing – to research, recommend and implement organic and paid initiatives to drive social media engagement, and support our campaigns.
27. Daily monitoring and reporting of social media activity.
28. Identify 25 external social media outlets where Islamic Network can make regular fundraising posts.
29. Place targeted facebook advertising to drive fundraising.
30. Annotate all Islamic Network videos to links for live fundraising pages.
31. Update annotations on Islamic Network videos to links for live fundraising pages.
32. Provide daily, weekly and monthly updates on all campaigns by filling in progress reports and providing feedback as and when required.
33. Provide insight and analysis of any emerging trends in online fundraising so that Chief Executive can make informed decisions.
34. To be responsible for the designing and distribution of campaign leaflets and
35. To digitise all designs of activities to promote on WhatsApp and Telegram.
36. Promote all activities through SMS by writing and sending appropriate messages to IN teams to push out.
37. On approval of the Chief Executive use MessageBird to send out messages
38. Develop and maintain a calendar of annual events with 10 key organisations where IN can promote its activities and campaigns.
39. Promote the work of IN on Islamic and ethnic media and generate positive
40. Maintain relationship with 10 Islamic and ethnic media outlets; both broadcast
41. To manage and update IN mailings lists for SMS, Email and Direct mail
42. Maintain database of mosques with whom IN has a relationship with.
43. Send the mosques a letter requesting for a collection date.
44. Follow up mosque with a phone call to confirm date.
45. To lead on collection by making the announcement, and arranging volunteers, leaflets, buckets, receipt books, and moneybags.
46. Count collected monies in presence of mosque representatives and 1 other IN volunteer. Issue mosque with a valid receipt.
47. Fill in public collection record.
48. Liaise with the different event project leads to ensure the programme accommodates an effective fundraising opportunity.
49. Design and maintain donation forms.
50. Be responsible for the creation of videos and presentations to push the
DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT
E = Essential D= Desirable
a) Qualified to Degree standard or equivalent (D)
b) Experience of working or volunteering within charity sector for 1 year (E)
c) Working in a digital marketing or social media role (E)
d) An interest in charity campaigns and fundraising (E)
e) Strong written and spoken English including high level interpersonal skills (E)
f) To be able to design using software (D)
g) To be able to video edit using software (D)
h) Able to formulate new ideas and concepts and execute to a high standard (E)
i) Understand and manage risks (E)
j) Highly organised with strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines under pressure (E)
k) Willingness to work outside normal work hours (E)
l) A firm grasp of orthodox Islamic knowledge with core beliefs and practices in line with orthodox Islam (E)
m) Working knowledge of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Websites and Engine Search. (E)
n) Chief Executive
o) Board of Trustees
p) Staff and volunteers
s) Commitment to Islamic Network’s mission, vision and values (E)
t) Commitment to Islamic Network’s ethos (E)
u) Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity (E)
The role is formally defined by the Trustees of the Islamic Network and is not necessarily restricted by the above description.
This job description is designed to give an overview of the job. It is envisaged that the post-holder will use their own initiative and develop the job so the Charity aims are achieved. It should be noted that the Charity is a small organisation and it may be necessary to step beyond the areas outlined above to support others.
Islamic Network is an Equal Opportunities Employer and reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate people with disabilities.