Feel your eman rise as you spend the day climbing the mountain with gems and reminders from:
Better yet, beat them to the top on this unmissable one-day challenge for the whole family – Mum, Dad & Kids!
Saturday 28th September
Register now for just £25
Fundraising Target: Just10 (10 people to give £10 a month)
When: Saturday 28th September 2019
Where: Snowdonia National Park, Wales, UK
Distance: 9 miles (there and back)
Total Climb: 975m (3,199 ft)
Time: Approx 6 hours (there and back)
Parking: Numerous car parks in Llanberis (LL55 4NY)
Registration Fee: £25 & fundraising target of #Just10 (10 people to give £10 a month)
Participants must be 13 or over (under 16’s to be accompanied by an adult), and be physically fit enough to undertake a very long day of walking.
All you need to do is get #Just10 people to give £10 a month to help Islamic Network grow.
Why Selflessness & Gratitude?
We live in an Instagram age where everything we do is for ourselves, we only talk about what we have and what we want. Because of this focus on “ME” we have no idea how to deal with real-life hardship and pain. We have no empathy for people which leads to suffering and depression.
Isn’t this what Allah talks about in Suratul Fajr?
That when we have, we say we’re #blessed, but when we don’t, we think bad of Allah. The reason for our lack of selflessness and gratefulness Allah explains is that we don’t empathise and take care of those in need, and we love what we have.
Join Islamic Network on a journey for the whole family where we will learn timeless values and principles that will teach us to be concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with our own. Your journey starts before the walk and throughout as we trek up and down the mountain.
Our Snowdon trek in the heart of Snowdonia, North Wales, comprises breathtaking, rugged scenery and rewarding trekking for those who take on this one day challenge!
You’ll trek to the top of Wales to conquer Mount Snowdon. Our trail to the summit is the Pyg track. The Pyg Track is a popular path, and will maintain your interest throughout due to its rugged nature and stunning mountain scenery all along its route to the summit which opens up views of Snowdonia, Anglesey, Pembrokeshire and Ireland.
After congratulations and obligatory celebration selfies at the summit, you’ll start your descent. It’s an easy-going, gradual descent and you’ll be treated to stunning views before heading home.
Participants have the option to register with or without transport to and from Snowdonia National Park. For those that wish to travel together in the coach, we will meet for Isha at a designated Masjid on Friday 27th September, after which we will set off. We’ll have regular rest stops during the 5 hours journey, including a Fajr stop. Our aim is to start the trek just after sunrise so we have the most daylight to make the ascent and descent.
Those wishing to register without transport can meet us at the meeting point in Snowdonia National Park ready to begin the climb.
Essential Items Kit List
• Good quality rucksack. All items must fit inside the rucksack and must not be attached to the outside.
• Waterproof trousers and jacket. These do not need to be expensive but must be functional.
• Painkillers, blister plasters, hand sanitizer, toilet paper.
• Any personal prescribed medication you will need (medicated conditions must be declared to the trip leader in advance).
• Sun cream, Sunhat & Sunglasses.
• Stout and well-fitting walking boots. Trainers, sandals, flip flops etc are not permitted.
• Good quality walking socks 2 x pairs.
• Minimum of 2 litres of water.
• Isotonic drink/energy drinks (something with salt)
• Spare (woolly) hat and gloves.
• Enough high-energy nutritious food to last the whole day. Breakfast, daytime snacks, lunch and evening snack. Think Nuts and dried fruits, Oat bars, Chocolate and Fruits.
• Spare upper body layer to be kept in your rucksack for emergency use such as a fleece or warm jumper. This item must have long sleeves.
• Spending money for food/souvenirs
• Plastic Bag (for wet clothes)
• Other non-essential items:
• Rear Bike light, LED Torch or head torch
• Trekking Poles (will take a serious load off your knees)
• Water backpack/Camelbak